just a random pick
ADABAS response code : 3
Origin : Mainframe and Open Systems
One of the following has occurred:
- An end-of-file or end-of-list condition was detected.
- A program tried to read/change a multiclient file's record using either a blank or incorrect-length owner ID, or an owner ID that is not allowed for the record.
- Subcode 4: End of LOB value reached. An attempt was made to read a LOB value segment that begins after the end of the value. This response code/subcode is given to an L1/L4 command with Command Option 2 set to L if the ISN Lower Limit value is greater than or equal to the length of the LOB value being read.
- Subcode 249: Adabas Vista has determined that no data is available to satisfy this command due to one of the following reasons:
- A partitioned file end-of-file or end-of-list condition was detected.
- None of the partitions were available/online and all of them have the file parameter Critical set to NO.
After each Adabas command is processed, a response code is returned in bytes 11 and 12 of the ACB or in the ACBX. Some response codes also return a subcode in the rightmost two bytes of the ACB's Additions 2 field (offset 45-48) or in the ACBX's Error Subcode (ACBXERRC) field (offset 115-116).
All Adabas commands resulting in a response code other than 0, 1, and 145 restore all Adabas control block fields except the response code field (see the Adabas Command Reference documentation) to the contents the fields held at the beginning of command execution.